Why we are organizing a union at Pitt:
- To provide a stable funding system for graduate student workers so they can concentrate on their teaching, research, writing, and lead healthy, balanced lives.
- To make the university a space free of sexual harassment and gender discrimination with a program for reporting without fear of retaliation.
- For graduate students to get proper safety training and know that they can refuse to do work that endangers their health.
- To establish a culture of accountability and transparency that maintains consistent, fair decision making and freer access to information.
- For graduate student workers to have a voice and make sure that it’s heard.